Saturday, November 24, 2007

2.4 Miles on Gravel

Yesterday, I visited an Amish Bakery way out in the country. I really liked the atmosphere and their baked goods were delicious. The local community supports the new Amish population and I noticed several customers in the store. The bakery owners were kind enough to let me take photographs, but I didn't photograph any people. It just seemed intrusive. Among several other items, I purchased a jalapeƱo mustard which was fantastic. The cinnamon rolls were so fresh and the black raspberry turnovers were killer - very flaky with lots of filling. Their caramel candies are made with real cream and are super rich. The only problem is they are wrapped in wax paper that is very difficult to remove. Also, they don't bake the first three months of the year.

I also took a couple of pictures of the Amish Schoolhouse and a stray puppy. Behind the schoolhouse are portable restrooms and a stable. The children play in a nearby field. It was very nice.

No comments: