Monday, July 28, 2008

Purple Berries


Western Eggplant (left), Asian Eggplant (right)

Saturday morning I had the pleasure of going to the Farmer's Market in Bloomington. Unfortunately, I slept in and missed all the tomatoes. On the bright side, I found these beautiful eggplants and just had to take a photo. I did not, however, take any actual eggplants with me. I really love them, but have a hard time justifying spending money on an item with such little nutritional value. Besides being a healthy source of fiber, they have little to offer. I will surely plant a few when I get my garden going, though, because I really enjoy cooking with them.

I hate to leave you without any recipes, so here's a link to some Alton Brown recipes that are very good. I've tried the pasta and Baba Ghannouj.

Cheers!

No comments: