Sunday, November 2, 2008

Need a New Camera


Buddy by the Lake

Recently I've been taking a lot of pictures with my iPhone. It's 2MP camera takes only a fair picture, but is always available when I need it. What I need is a 5MP or better camera with a slim profile that I can keep with me at all times to catch those fleeting moments that seem to be happening lately. Ideally, it would have a fully manual mode; something that seems to be lacking from many lower end point and shoot models I've seen. Also, it would be sleek and unobtrusive enough to keep in my pocket all the time, and a price tag that doesn't exceed $150. Oh well, a person can dream, huh?

I was able to remove some of the noise from this photograph while sharpening it a bit (not and easy feat), and also increase the exposure a bit. Anymore tweaking would really bring out the digital noise, but it's OK because I kind like the underexposed shot; I think it works for this near dusk setting. (There, I hope I've successfully justified this mediocre photo.)

3 comments:

JOLT said...

http://www.woot.com/

Pentax Optio M50 8MP Digital Camera with 5x Optical Zoom
$89.99 + $5 shipping
ondition:
New
product:
1 Pentax Optio M50 8MP 5x Zoom 2.5” LCD Digital Camera
Color:
Pink, Blue

Anonymous said...

send me that photo would you keith? let me see what i can do for our poor buddy dog there.

Jenny said...

I'm pretty sure it's impossible to take a bad photo of your dog. ;)